Sat, 14 Dec|
BROTHERS HOCKEY CLUBHOUSE
2019 Troppos's Fishing Competition - Late Registrations
You are invited to our 12th annual Troppo's Fishing Competition on the weekend of 13-15 December 2019.
Time & Location
14 Dec 2019, 10:00 am AEST – 15 Dec 2019, 6:00 pm AEST
BROTHERS HOCKEY CLUBHOUSE, 36-48 Angela St, Woree QLD 4868, Australia
About the event
Register: Thursday 12th December & Friday 13th December - 4 pm to 7 pm or On-Line Now until 10am Saturday 14th December 2019.
Where: Clubhouse, Corner of Angela St & Sondrio St Woree or On-Line.
Weigh In: 3:30 pm TO 6 pm Sunday 15th @ Brothers Clubhouse.
Presentation of Prizes – Sundry 15th December 6.15pm onwards.
Food and Drinks available at Weigh in & Presentation, Eftpos facility available
To win you must be at the presentation Sunday 15th
Rain, hail or shine - WE WILL GIVE AWAY ALL PRIZES
The whole family, young & old, everyone welcome
- We have a Spearfishing category for one species – Cray fish, no other fish taken by spear fishing or any other means may be entered.
- One fish can win one prize only. (exception special prize outstanding catch of the comp)
- A Junior (U13) may win a senior prize but that fish is not eligible to win the junior prize.
- Only fish identified in each category will be weighed in.
- Only one fish per species per contestant can be entered into the Mystery categories,
- Mystery Winners will be determined by special draws from the Barrel.
- Where a category contains multiple species the winning fish is the heaviest fish from the combined species.
- Anglers should be nominated and paid in full before commencing fishing. Fishing Competition Registrations close at the clubhouse on Friday 13th 7.00pm and On-Line Saturday 14th December 10am.
- The competition ‘fishing time’ will be from 1am Friday Morning 13th December, through to 4.30pm on Sunday, 15th December 2019. Anglers may fish any time between these hours. Fish must be weighed in between 3:30pm to 6pm on the Sunday afternoon at Brothers hockey grounds Sondrio Street, Woree.
- Fish must be caught after official commencement time and anglers must be present at Brothers Hockey grounds by the end of weigh-in at 6pm on Sunday.
- All fish to be weighed must be gilled and gutted and presented in a fresh condition. Fish that have been frozen will not be accepted for weigh-in. Fish may be cut as necessary to fit into an esky. Prizes will be awarded based on weight and only for fish presented at weigh in.
- Weighing or registering fish or crabs on behalf of other Anglers is not permitted. Anglers must be present at the weigh-in on Sunday to be eligible for prizes.
- Fish caught from a Fish Farm are not eligible for prizes.
- An angler who is under 13 on 15th December will be considered a junior competitor.
- Weigh-in winners will be declared by the judges and decisions will be final.
- All Mud Crabs must be live, whole and safely secured.
- All regulations and laws covering fish no take zones, sizes, bag limits, species& boating safety must be strictly adhered to. No fish or crab will be accepted if not conforming to these regulations.
- BHC, organisers or sponsors will assume no responsibility for any actions that may result in breaches of these regulations or harm, loss or damage to property to yourself or others during the running of this event.
- This is intended as a fun family day, it is intended to introduce parents and children to the benefits of team sport and the same expectations of general behaviour standards as apply to our sporting code will be enforced, any one breaking this code will be excluded from participating.
The Organisers and Sponsors of the event promote and support sustainable fishing; please do not take non target species and all fishing regulations and laws must be strictly adhered to.
INSHORE, ESTUARIES & OFF SHORE
- Heaviest - Golden Snapper (Finger-mark) Senior & Junior
- Heaviest - Javelin (Grunter) from Silver or Barred, Senior & Junior
- Heaviest - Mackerel from Spanish, Spotted, Grey or Dogy Senior & Junior
- Heaviest - Nannygai, Largemouth or Smallmouth. Senior & Junior
- Heaviest - from Green & Rosy Job, Spangled & Red Throat Emperor or other table species. Acceptance at the discretion of judges. Senior & Junior
- Heaiest - Bream Saltwater Black, Pikey and Yellow Fin. Senior & Junior
- Mystery Winner - Mud Crab (Open)
- Mystery Winner - Mangrove Jack, inshore or reef. Senior & Junior
- Mystery Winner - Grass Sweetlips. Senior & Junior
- Mystery Winner - Estuary Cod from Gold Spot or Black Spot. Senior & Junior
- Heaviest - Flathead. Senior & Junior
- Heaviest - Trout - Senior & Junior
- Heaviest - Red Emperor. Senior & Junior
- SPEAR FISHING
- Heaviest - Crayfish. Seniors Only
Only target fish will be weighed in. Fish are identified from QLD Gov Species identification website. Each category is limited to the species defined above.
BIGGEST IS NOT ALWAYS BEST
To make sure all contestants are in with a chance four categories will be awarded to mystery winners. Only one fish of each mystery winner species will be entered per contestant and the winner drawn from the barrel.
The “Take a Quality Fish Home raffles” (anyone donating a Crab, Cray, Trout, Red Emperor or large Nannygai for these raffles) will have additional entries in the unclaimed category prize and Door Prize draws.
OTHER PRIZE CATEGORIES
DOOR PRIZE - Car Topper Boat 360 WANDERER (don’t even need to catch a fish or even go fishing to win)
Open to all who Register in Troppos Fishing Comp 2019 Year.
CHA Hockey Prize - 2 Adults + 2 Children CHA Hockey Fees 2020 (Don’t need a fish or to go fishing for this Prize either.) Open to anyone who registers, who would like to enter.
All Hockey Players well worth the $5 or $15 to nominate for the Troppo's Fishing Comp and see if you can win your fees for the 2020 year.
4.5 Metres Boat & Under - Open to all who register who fish from a Boat 4.5 Metres and Under.
Best Fishing Yarn or Poem - Open to all who register who wish to enter a Yarn or a Poem
Outstanding Catch of the Competition - Open to any fish caught by anyone who registers in the weekends Troppos Fishing Competition. Selected at the Judge/s discretion. For this Prize, a Fish may of won a prize in the competition already. This is the only exception to the rule One Fish can win one prize only.
Over $10,000 in prizes, all prizes allotted to someone who has registered with the Comp to take home, regardless of whether fish caught or not.
TREMENDOUS FUN FOR THE FAMILY - MAKE SURE YOU REGISTER.