Fri, 23 Nov|
BROTHERS HOCKEY CLUBHOUSE
Troppos's Fishing Competition
You are invited to our 11th annual Troppo's Fishing Competition on the weekend of 23-25 November 2018.
Time & Location
23 Nov 2018, 11:59 pm
BROTHERS HOCKEY CLUBHOUSE, 36-48 Angela St, Woree QLD 4868, Australia
About the event
Register: Thursday 22nd November & Friday 23rd November - 5 pm TO 8 pm
Where: Clubhouse, Corner of Angela St & Sondrio St Woree.
Weigh In: 3:30 pm TO 6 pm Sunday 25th @ Brothers Clubhouse.
Food and Drinks available at Weigh in, Eftpos facility available
To win you must be at the presentation Sunday 25th
Rain, hail or shine - WE WILL GIVE AWAY ALL PRICES
The whole family, young & old, everyone welcome
- We have a Spearfishing category for one species – Cray fish, no other fish taken by spear fishing or any other means may be entered.
- One fish can win one prize only
- A Junior (U13) may win a senior prize but that fish is not eligible to win the junior prize.
- Only fish identified in each category will be weighed in.
- Only one fish per species per contestant can be entered into the Mystery categories,
- Mystery Winners will be determined by special draws from the Barrel.
- Where a category contains multiple species the winning fish is the heaviest fish from the combined species.
- Anglers must be nominated and paid in full by 1am Friday 23rd November 2018 to be eligible.
- The competition ‘fishing time’ will be from 1am Friday Morning through to 4.30pm on Sunday. Anglers may fish any time between these hours. Fish must be weighed in between 3:30pm to 6pm on the Sunday afternoon at Brothers hockey grounds Sondrio Street, Woree.
- Fish must be caught after official commencement time and anglers must be present at Brothers Hockey grounds by the end of weigh-in at 6pm on Sunday.
- All fish to be weighed must be gilled and gutted and presented in a fresh condition. Fish that have been frozen will not be accepted for weigh-in. Fish may be cut as necessary to fit into an esky. Prizes will be awarded based on weight and only for fish presented at weigh in.
- Weighing or registering fish or crabs on behalf of other Anglers is not permitted. Anglers must be present at the weigh-in on Sunday to be eligible for prizes.
- Fish caught from a Fish Farm are not eligible for prizes.
- An angler who is under 13 on 22 November will be considered a junior competitor.
- Weigh-in winners will be declared by the judges and decisions will be final.
- All Mud Crabs must be live, whole and safely secured.
- All regulations and laws covering fish no take zones, sizes, bag limits, species& boating safety must be strictly adhered to. No fish or crab will be accepted if not conforming to these regulations.
- BHC, organisers or sponsors will assume no responsibility for any actions that may result in breaches of these regulations or harm, loss or damage to property to yourself or others during the running of this event.
- This is intended as a fun family day, it is intended to introduce parents and children to the benefits of team sport and the same expectations of general behaviour standards as apply to our sporting code will be enforced, any one breaking this code will be excluded from participating.
The Organisers and Sponsors of the event promote and support sustainable fishing; please do not take non target species and all fishing regulations and laws must be strictly adhered to.
INSHORE, ESTUARIES & OFF SHORE
- Heaviest - Golden Snapper (Finger-mark)
- Mystery Winner - Bream Saltwater Black, Pikey and Yellow Fin
- Heaviest - Javelin (Grunter) from Silver or Barred
- Mystery Winner - Mangrove Jack, inshore or reef
- Heaviest - Grass Sweetlips
- Mystery Winner - Mud Crab
- Heaviest - Flathead
- Mystery Winner - Coral Trout
- Heaviest - Estuary Cod from Gold Spot or Black Spot
- Mystery Winner - Nannygai, Largemouth or Smallmouth
- Heaviest - Mackerel from Spanish, Spotted, Grey or Dogy
- Mystery Winner - from Green & Rosy Job, Spangled & Red Throat Emperor or other table species. Acceptance at the discretion of judges.
- Heaviest - Red Emperor
- Heaviest - Crayfish
Only target fish will be weighed in. Fish are identified from QLD Gov Species identification website. Each category is limited to the species defined above.
BIGGEST IS NOT ALWAYS BEST
To make sure all contestants are in with a chance six categories will be awarded to mystery winners. Only one fish of each mystery winner species will be entered per contestant and the winner drawn from the barrel.
The “Take a Quality Fish Home raffles” (anyone donating a Crab, Cray, Trout, Red Emperor or large Nannygai for these raffles) will have additional entries in the unclaimed category prize draws.
DOOR PRIZE - Don't even need to catch a fish to win!
To be advised